Your first registration will be with Dun and Bradstreet (DUNS). A DUNS number will be required to complete all other steps, so please ensure this is completed first. The video in this lesson goes into detail on how to register.
Required Information when visiting the DUNS website:
– Your company’s legal name
– The headquarters name and address for your business. Make sure this matches your Secretary of State business filing EXACTLY!
– Your Doing Business As name, if you have one
– Physical address, city, state, and ZIP code
– Mailing address, if different from the physical address
– Telephone number
– Contact name and title
– Number of employees at your physical location
– Whether you’re a home-based business
DUNS Website URL: https://fedgov.dnb.com/webform/
If you have any issues filling out your registration, the below walkthrough should answer any questions:
A note on DUNS – Beginning in December 2020, DUNS will be replaced by the Unique Entity Identifier. Complete details have not yet been published, but DUNS will continue to be used until the new system is online. This course will be updated when DUNS is officially replaced.